Welcome to the Master of Biomedical Science Project Preference System (SONIA)
This system is open for students who have submitted an online course application for the Master of Biomedical Science.
To secure a project preference please complete the following steps:
1. Click on “Projects” tab in the menu bar then click "Review" to see the available projects.
2. Once you have decided on a research project, you MUST make direct contact with the relevant project supervisor and inform them you have met the minimum entry into the Master of Biomedical Science and have been given access to the project database. You must provide academic transcripts and CV to your prospective supervisor. Please use the template on the home page. You are permitted to contact more than one supervisor.
3. You are responsible to arrange a meeting with the prospective supervisor when they have responded to your enquiry, either in person, phone call, or online communication platforms (e.g. Zoom, Skype, MS Teams).
4. Once the supervisor agrees to supervise you, click on “Forms” tab and enter in the title of your project preference and submit to your prospective supervisor for endorsement.
5. Once approved, your project will be assigned to you and you will receive a course offer.
If you encounter any problems, please contact the School of Biomedical Sciences Graduate Research Team: email@example.com